This came across Facebook the other day, and while I love to share my views in my own words, I really can’t describe what is going on better than this. I’m not a “Tea Party Guy” and only defend the Republican ideology because of (just that…) ideology. I have friends that won’t even talk to me because they think I have become a Democrat.
It is what it is, but if you read below, this might help you get swayed back towards the center.
An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama’s socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.
The professor then said, “Ok, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama’s Plan. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade, so no one will fail and no one will receive an A.” He substituted U.S. dollars for grades, something closer to home for the students and understood by all.
After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little studied even less and went for the free ride. The ones, who studied hard, wanted their free ride and were resentful of the ones who didn’t study hard. They also studied less.
The second test average was a D!
No one was happy. When the third test rolled around, people were in despair and the grade was an F.
As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name calling all resulted in hard feelings and no on e would study for the benefit of anyone else.
To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when the government takes all the reward away (France), no one will try or want to succeed. (Couldn’t be any simpler than that.)
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read and is applicable to this story:
- You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
- What one person receives without working for, another one must work for without receiving.
- The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not take first from someone else.
- You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
- When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end for any nation.